Welcome to CROSSCREEK Konnect!
Our elementary environment here at Crosscreek includes grades 1 through 5 and we are thrilled to be able to connect with your kids every Sunday!
Here’s a little about what we do and what your kid can expect.
Our goal is to lead your kids in the following 4* areas:
- Discovering God through interactive lessons, games, songs, memory verses and crafts downstairs on Sundays
- Connecting with their peers and their small group leaders AND connecting at home with parents through conversations and each week’s “Challenge Card,”
- Contributing to God’s mission through giving (if you and your kids have discussed that!) and serving, and
- Sharing God’s love with neighbors, classmates, and of course family members!
(*This is the process you’ll see across all the Service Teams here at Crosscreek. For more on our process, visit this page.)
Each Sunday your elementary-aged kid can expect the following:
- A warm-up / icebreaker game that includes everyone and embarrases no one.
- A couple of songs. These can be videos from our YouTube playlist or we may head upstairs from 4:30 to 4:45 for the band’s songs. Singing & dancing are totally optional and we have kids that opt-in and opt-out. So they won’t ever be alone!
- A brief introduction to the lesson and any announcements by the “MC” (teacher-leader).
- A short video. We use the curriculum put out by Life Church called “Konnect HQ.” They always features a bible story, an application point (Memory Point), and a memory verse. There’s real kids acting in them and they use realistic scenarios kids (and adults!) can relate to! See below for videos to preview.
- Small Group time: This is probably the most important portion of our time together! For the last 15-20 minutes, students are put into small groups and discuss the lesson while they do a craft or a game. We end our time with praying in small groups, and leaders will continue to pray for your kids over the week!
Kids are encouraged to bring their bibles but it’s not required. During the period of time prior to our 4:30 start time, kids can share a memory verse, memory point, show their Bible, and/or their complete Challenge Card (‘homework’) for prizes! We want to encourage Discovering God throughout the week with these 4 action items!
Here’s the kids’ songs we sing & dance to! They include words & motions and that’s one of the reasons we like ’em. List playlist is ever-evolving so be sure to bookmark it and check back in.