It is human nature to focus on what we can’t do and what we don’t have. But if we focus on these things too long we end up in a cycle of discontentment, frustration, and sadness. But there’s another choice. A choice that can lead to contentment and even happiness no matter what we might lose.
0:00 Pumpkin Pie for Days
3:20 Gratitude w/ Jon
16:30 What We’re Thankful For…
20:30 Giveaway Deets
🔔 Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel 😊 https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
For Kids: Crosscreek Website
▶ Catch up on our last series on James [Faith that Works]: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3wRLN-XrhoEfNnBZIyzZJoO9pdcgAKE5
▶ #forSalem November Challenge: United Way Pajama Drive
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on Social Media later this week)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media- French Press Coffee & Crepes https://frenchpressroasters.com/
– This week’s winner- Geppetto’s Italian https://www.facebook.com/geppettossalem/
▶ Suggested Readings:
Psalm 103: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20103&version=NLT
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
OneRepublic: Rescue Me- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nym5stAJAt8
Enya: O Come, O Come Emmanuel- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPHh3nMMu-I
Hillsong: Thank You Jesus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHaQDS1_uvA
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- How do you usually deal with loss and not being able to do the things you want to do? Has that changed over the past few months?
- Read all of Psalm 103. David lists many ways in which God is FOR us. What stands out to you? Are there any that seem difficult to believe or trust for you right now?
- What have you lost? Share this with your group. What are you thankful for? Share this, too. Spend some time in prayer sharing these losses & thanksgivings.
▶ Soundtrack thanks from this episode 🙂
Hip Hop Christmas & B Canon and Variation by Twin Musicom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ Artist: http://www.twinmusicom.org/