Family. We love them, but we don’t always like them. They are our favorite people but some of the hardest to get along with. Is there a way to enjoy a healthy family dynamic no matter what stage of life we find ourselves in? There is… but it’s illogical.
1:00 Aliyah & Sam say hi
2:00 Family Matters, w/ Jon
29:30 A few more things…
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
▶ #forSalem FEBRUARY Opportunity: Luggage for Foster Care Collection Dates 2/21 (3:30pm-5:30pm) & 2/28 (4-6pm) www.yourcrosscreek.com/luggage
▶ Drive In Party, February 28th, 4:30-5:30pm: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/drivein
▶ ▶ Family Devotion/Reading Recommendations: (Creating a Family Rhythm)
• Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones (ages 2-11)
• How Great Is Our God, Louie Giglio (ages 6-10)
• Indescribable, Louie Giglio (ages 6-10)
• This Changes Everything: How the Gospel Transforms the Teen Years, Jaquelle Crowe (ages 12 and up)
• Renovation of the Heart: Putting on the Character of Christ (student edition) (ages 12 and up), Dallas Willard
• Complement: The Surprising Beauty of Choosing Together Over Separate in Marriage
- What inspired, bothered, encouraged, or annoyed you in this week’s episode and/or passage?
- Read 1 John 4:7-12. How would your family of origin have been different if they had put this passage into practice? How could your current family be changed if you put it into practice?
- Evaluate: In general how well do you honor and obey your parents? If you are a parent, do you tend to “provoke” or “bring up” your kids? If you’re willing, share some examples. How can your group support and pray for your efforts this week?