Our relationships are supremely influential in our lives and determine our life outcomes to an enormous degree. The problem is, many times, we participate in relationships that aren’t necessarily healthy for us. The good news is that we can choose to build nourishing relationships with Jesus and others by focusing on and prioritizing them and being mindful of the influence they have on us.
00:45 Sup, Podcasters
01:40 In Good Company, w/ Aaron
17:40 The Challenge
18:00 Giveaways, School Supplies, & Upcoming Events
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
? Ask a question! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ #forSalem Opportunity: AUGUST BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE
School Supply Drive for CASA of Marion County (Foster Care Non-Profit). https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/school for details
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on our Social Media later this week or email to enter!)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media! (Monday)
– Last week’s giveaway- Word of Mouth Bistro https://ilovewom.com/
▶ Suggested Bible Readings:
Book of Philippians (“fill the space w/ what’s nourishing” challenge)
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Jon Foreman- All Seasons (spring and summer, fall and winter): https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxgouPB1CxuMh25Z-Ico5DrErDS8zu5o
J.S. Bach- 6 Suites for Cello Solo (Full Album) played by István Várdai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D83cMncj_Ig
Audrey Assad- Everything is Yours https://youtu.be/TNfR3mQHxkk
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- How have you seen God working in your life & world this past week?
- How have you seen relational influences (healthy and/or not healthy) affect your life?
- Read Philippians 3:7-8. How does your experience relate to Paul’s?
- Look at/think about your “target”. What relational influences do you have? What do you want to do about them this week and how can your group pray for you?
REVIEW (Part 2): 6 Questions for evaluating influences…
1. Is this committed to truth?
2. Does this lift me up or pull me down?
3. Does this help me love more?
4. What is this attempting to produce in me?
5. Does this promote peace or fear, unity or division?
6. Is this done with excellence?