Why does our society seem so polarized and contentious? We have chosen to define ourselves by what we are against… which forces us to define others as either allies or enemies. But Jesus showed us a better way. Following Jesus in the 21st century requires us to define ourselves by what we are FOR.
0:20 30ish seconds you could skip unless you’re new
1:15 Enemies, w/ Jon
25:00 Giveaways & Gatherings
29:00 What’s Baptism?!? + a Minto baptism
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
? Ask a question! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on our Social Media later this week or email to enter!)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media- Roth’s Groceries https://www.roths.com/ (Big Eater’s burger review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pClZPgGMoR4)
– Last week’s giveaway- Happy Bibimbap House https://www.happybibimbaphouse.com/
▶ Suggested Bible Readings:
Micah 6:6-8 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Micah%206%3A6-8&version=NLT
Romans 12:9-21 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12%3A9-21&version=NLT
1 Corinthians 13 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NLT
1 Peter 3:8-12 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Peter+3%3A8-12&version=NLT
▶ Additional Resources:
Love Does- Bob Goff https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/discover-an-incredible-life-in-an-ordinary-world_bob-goff/263299/item/11363735/
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Guardians Inferno: The Sneepers Ft. David Hasselhoff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY
I’m a Believer: Smash Mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zCv_BLdVtE
Chan Chan: Buena Vista Social Club: https://youtu.be/o5cELP06Mik
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
▶ The bible we used in the Scripture section: NLT Life Application Study Bible
- How have you seen God working in your life and sphere of influence this past week?
- What do you tend to be AGAINST? What would change if you chose to define yourself by who you are FOR instead?
- Read Luke 6:27-36. How does this contrast with other codes of conduct in the world?
- What enemy/enemies do you need to pray for and love this week? How can your group support you in this endeavor?