“You just need faith.” What does that even mean and how do we “get” more faith? Faith is something that seems mysterious and complicated. But Jesus made it simple and powerful. Let’s rethink what it means to “have faith” for the 21st century.
0:00 Trust Fails
1:00 Welcome & Alliances
3:00 Keep the Faith, w/ Jon
26:45 Some News
31:45 Bloopers you can count on
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
? Ask a question! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ Our next Outdoor Party! June 27, 4:30pm POSTPONED due to extreme record-breaking heat in Salem, Oregon.
Next ones July 11 & 25! Stay tuned .https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/party/
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on our Social Media later this week or email to enter!)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media- Furbish https://www.facebook.com/furbishsalem/
– Last week’s giveaway: Donatello’s Pizza: https://www.facebook.com/DonatellosSalem/
▶ Suggested Bible Readings:
Colossians 1:15-20 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+1%3A15-20&version=NLT
Hebrews 12:1-4 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+12%3A1-4&version=NLT
Acts 16:25-40 (Roman Jailer believes) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+16%3A25-40&version=NLT
▶ Additional Resources:
Monica recommends: “The Dusty Ones: Why Wandering Deepens Your Faith” by A.J. Swoboda
The Calling of Matthew scene (The Chosen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IUL9yq0We8
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Jay and the Americans: Come a Little Bit Closer- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuWkVqum6a8
Meant To Live (live 2021): Switchfoot – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIaLsr-KwZ0
Say Something: Pentatonix- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dYlvdLdK9w
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
▶ The bible we used in the Scripture section: NLT Life Application Study Bible
[[Next Episode July 10th! No Episode July 4th weekend.]]
- How have you seen God working in your life and world this week?
- Can you relate to Peter in this story? Share an experience from your life of trusting (or not trusting) Jesus.
- Read Romans 8:35-39. How does this encourage or challenge you in trusting Jesus?
- What is the next step in you knowing and trusting Jesus? How can your group pray for you this week?