We often assume Jesus is FOR what we are FOR and AGAINST what we are AGAINST. But what if we are wrong? What if Jesus has a purpose better and bigger than our personal agendas?
0:35 Shalom & Greetings
1:45 Trade, w/ Jon
27:45 A bad Dad joke and some news
33:00 The actual flippity flip
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
? Ask a question! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ Upcoming #salemoregon Parties
Potluck & Music night: July 11, 4:30pm @ Gateway CC 922 Hylo Road SE, Salem, OR 97306
Baptism & Picnic: July 25, 4:30pm @ Minto Brown Island Park Shelter (email us if you’re interested in baptism firstname.lastname@example.org)
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on our Social Media later this week or email to enter!)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media- Shades of Brew https://www.shadesofbrew.com/
– Last week’s giveaway- Furbish https://www.facebook.com/furbishsalem/
▶ Suggested Bible Readings:
Romans 12:1-2 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12%3A1-2&version=NLT
Proverbs 3:5-6 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%203%3A5-6&version=NLT
▶ Wallpaper from this episode: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/media/luke22-42-wallpaper.jpeg
▶ Additional Resources:
Visioneering- Andy Stanley: https://www.amazon.com/Visioneering-Discovering-Maintaining-Personal-Vision/dp/159052456X
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Muse- Time is Running Out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpGk44UXKQ
The Spinners- Rubberband Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpGk44UXKQ
Josh Garrels- Fear Thy Not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIGgVjDJJE
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
▶ The bible we used in the Scripture section: NLT Life Application Study Bible
- How has God been working in your life and world this past week?
- What are some important dreams/passions in your life? Why do you think these are important to you?
- Read Luke 22:42. How does Jesus’ prayer relate to where you are at in your life currently?
- What’s an agenda of yours that might need to be traded for Jesus’ purpose for you? How can your group pray for you in that this week?