Following Jesus should make Christians the happiest and most humble people in the world. Then why does it seem that they always are fighting each other and society? Maybe it’s time to rethink what it means to follow Jesus in the 21st century and rediscover what actually made the first Jesus Followers so different and inviting.
0:30 Headbands Welcome
1:45 Superiority Complex, w/ Jon
28:45 Big things this weekend!
34:05 Hi Mom!
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
? Ask a question! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ Upcoming #salemoregon Gatherings
Park Picnic: July 25, 4:30pm @ Woodmansee Park, South Salem
Coming up in August: August 8th & August 25th – Stay Tuned!
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on our Social Media later this week or email to enter!)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media– Welcome to Salem, Tokyroll! https://tokyroll.com/
– Last week’s giveaway- Roth’s Groceries https://www.roths.com/
▶ Suggested Bible Readings:
Philippians 2:3-11 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians%202%3A3-11&version=NLT
Matthew 5:14-16 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%205%3A14-16&version=NLT
Ephesians 2:8-10 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+2%3A8-10&version=NLT
▶ Additional Resources:
In the Name of Jesus: Reflections on Christian Leadership, Henri Nouwen- https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/in-the-name-of-jesus-reflections-on-christian-leadership_henri-jm-nouwen/
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Nowhere Generation- Rise Against: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75S5PDXTEVQ
Jack Johnson- Mudfootball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aTEqqa7LjU
Typhoons- Royal Blood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9SQ2xfHEiM
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
▶ The bible we used in the Scripture section: NLT Life Application Study Bible
- How have you seen God working in your life and sphere of influence this past week?
- Who is someone you or others generally consider “great?” What makes them stand out? How would they compare to Jesus’ definition of great?
- Read Philippians 2:1-11. What would be the difficulties and benefits from thinking and living this way daily?
- Who has God put in your life for you to serve? What steps can you take to start/continue serving them and how can your group pray with you in that?