As we get older, we realize more and more the hopes, relationships, and lives we wanted are impossible. We decide it’s time to “live in the real world” and we stop dreaming and hoping. But what if the impossible was actually possible? There was once a man who did impossible things and made impossible promises. And he still offers to do the impossible for us today.
3:00 “Impossibly Willing,” w/ Jon [Pt 1 of our new series]
26:00 A Giveaway & A Challenge
🔔 Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel 😊 https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
For Kids: Crosscreek Website
▶ #forSalem JANUARY Opportunity: Pay it Backward! Treat someone in the drive-thru behind you! Hand the attendant a #forSalem card so let them know it’s because you believe God is for them, and that they matter! Get your cards here: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on Social Media later this week)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media: Valiant the Sandwich- https://www.valianteats.com/
– This week’s winner: Epilogue Kitchen- https://epilogue-kitchen.square.site/
▶ Suggested Readings:
Luke 4:16-21: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%204%3A16-21&version=NLT
John 9: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+9&version=NLT
▶ Additional Resources:
The Chosen’s Leper Scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL8DThllZAY
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
The Beatles- A Hard Day’s Night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjyj8qnqkYI
Weezer- Troublemaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LSGvziX_6Y
Red Rocks- Breakthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ni5_JGRrgs
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- What personally stood out to you in this message and/or passage? Why do you think that is?
- Jon said, “Sometimes it’s easier to accept that God is ABLE to do the impossible than that he is WILLING.” Do you agree or disagree, why? How do you think Romans 8:31-32 helps with this idea?
- If Jesus were to say to you, “I am willing,” what impossible thing would you ask him to do? How can your group pray for you in this?