When the world is falling apart the way we usually respond (complaining, blaming, fighting) usually only creates more problems. Maybe it’s time to try something else. Something that has been available to us all along. Something that isn’t simply “the least we can do,” but actually the most powerful force for good in the world. It also just happens to be the most reliable path to happiness.
0:00 Studio Arrival
1:30 Happy Little Prayers w/ Jon
27:30 Behind the Scenes
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
For Kids: Crosscreek Website
▶ #forSalem November Challenge: United Way Pajama Drive
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on Social Media later this week)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media- Geppetto’s Italian https://www.facebook.com/geppettossalem/
– This week’s winner- Every Child Oregon! $290 donated thanks to you! https://www.everychildoregon.org
▶ Suggested Readings:
Acts 4 (disciples praying in hardship)
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Jimmy Eat World: Pain- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaP6KgwbOvo
Michael Jackson: Why You Wanna Trip on Me- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2FUzoy-UCg
Josh Baldwin/Bethel: Surrounded- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBiE4dXT2I
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- What do you think about prayer? What personal questions / stories do you have about it?
- Read Psalm 86. What stands out to you as it relates to prayer?
- As Jon said in the message, share a couple of things going on in your life right now. You might have to fight through the awkwardness, but spend some time specifically praying for one another in your group.