According to Jesus and the biblical writers, some people are children of God and some are not. And those that are, are asked to obey. That sounds horribly exclusive AND like a drag… but is it? And what difference does it really make if someone is a child of God or not?
00:42 A quick review
04:03 The requirement…
06:08 The proof…
07:13 Obedience is NOT…
08:34 Centering our lives…
09:55 A privilege???
11:49 This or that
13:10 Key point here…
15:13 Completely. Different.
15:53 First steps
17:06 How love spreads
18:27 Qs and news
– The exclusivity of Jesus’ invitation creates a tension that can be difficult to resolve.
– Jesus’ invitation solves the tensions of our anger, apathy, fear, and pride.
– Obedience does not MAKE someone a child of God… it is the result of already being one.
– Obedience is accepting to make Jesus’s priorities your priorities because you love and trust him.
– Obedience is the privilege of a child of God.
– Jesus’ command to love is the simplest and most powerful command in the world.
– The invitation to become a child of God is an invitation to accept the life we are all looking for.
– Being a child of God is being who we were always meant to be.
– Accept the invitation to be a Child of God
– Accept the invitation to live as a Child of God
Read: 1 Peter 2:9-10
Pray: God, show me how to show your goodness today.
1. As we finish this series, how would you describe what it means to be a “Child of God?”
2. Jesus said, “If you love me you will keep my commandments.” What is your initial reaction to this? How would you explain the relationship between loving Jesus and obeying Jesus?
3. Read 1 Peter 2 vv9-10. Is there a thought or a word in this passage that grabs your attention? How would you relate this passage to your answer for #1?
4. Are there any thoughts, questions, ideas that you still have about this idea of being children of God?
5. How can your group pray for you?
🖨️ |TRANSCRIPT → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/media/2022-10-02.pdf
👋 | SAY HELLO OR ASK A Q → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/
👨👩👧👦 | JOIN A GROUP → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/#connect
🍞 | GATHER TOGETHER → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/#gathering |
4:30pm on Sundays
🤝 | GIVE TO CROSSCREEK → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/donate/
Like, comment & subscribe to stay updated with the latest content!
SUBSCRIBE + FOLLOW @yourcrosscreek – Crosscreek Community Church:
🎧 | Podcast → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/#podcast
🎥 | YouTube → https://www.youtube.com/yourcrosscreek/?sub_confirmation=1
🖼️ | Instagram → https://www.instagram.com/yourcrosscreek/
👍🏽 | Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/yourcrosscreek/