If we constantly fill our bodies with empty calories we won’t be able to live healthy lives. The same is true with the quality of the influences we allow into our lives. But how do we know which influences are healthy and which are empty? It all comes down to asking the right questions.
00:00 Pregame Warmup
00:45 Bringing howdy back
02:00 The BEST Questions, w/ Jon
22:55 Final Thoughts & Flying Biscuits
28:40 Questions & BTS 😉
🔔 Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel 😊 https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
💬 Ask a question! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ Download Cell Phone Wallpaper: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/media/EI-questions-cell.jpeg
▶ Download Bookmark printable: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/media/EI-questions-bookmark.jpeg
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on our Social Media later this week or email to enter!)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media– Word of Mouth Bistro https://ilovewom.com/
– Last week’s giveaway- The Ike Box https://www.facebook.com/IKEbox/
▶ Suggested Bible Readings:
Ephesians 4:21-24 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians%204%3A21-24&version=NLT
Book of Philippians (“fill the space w/ what’s nourishing” challenge)
▶ Other Resources:
Better Decisions. Fewer Regrets- Andy Stanley: https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/better-decisions-fewer-regrets–5-questions-to-help-you-determine-your-next-move/26354877
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Imagine Dragons- Wrecked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2NkuFIlLEo
Josh Garrels- Home (Full Album): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElsXbALlO0Y
Lauren Daigle- Wake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X45Jh6g-W3Yhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn8oLdHsb2o
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- How have you seen God working in your life & world this past week?
- Re-read the “6 questions for evaluating influences” (see below) again from the message. Which would be most important for you to focus on and why?
- Read Ephesians 4:21-24. What do you think life would look like if you were able to follow Paul’s instructions here?
- What poisonous, empty, or nourishing influences do you have? What do you want to do about them this week and how can your group pray for you?
6 Questions for evaluating influences…
1. Is this committed to truth?
2. Does this lift me up or pull me down?
3. Does this help me love more?
4. What is this attempting to produce in me?
5. Does this promote peace or fear, unity or division?
6. Is this done with excellence?