It’s human nature to be afraid of the dark. It isolates us and hides reality. But in the presence of light, darkness is nothing. Christmas is the story of God shining his light in the darkness of the world to end our isolation and give our lives true purpose.
0:00 Church at Home with the Fiedlers
3:00 Christmas at Home w/ the Tanners
5:00 Lights [A Light in the Darkness, pt 3], w/ Jon
24:00 Light of the World (cover), ft. Gillian, Luke & Aaron
38:00 An Invitation, A Giveaway, & The Office (?!)
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
For Kids: Crosscreek Website
▶ #forSalem December Challenge: Church @ the Park Glove Drive
Collecting 50 pairs of Warm Winter Gloves (Gender Neutral) – heavy and warm, in NEW OR LIKE NEW Condition (“Like New” means CLEAN & NO rips, stains, holes, or fraying). Drop-Off by December 23, 2020, location request here. More info on Church @ the Park: https://www.church-at-the-park.org/.
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on Social Media later this week)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media: Isaac’s Downtown- https://www.isaacsdowntown.com/
– This week’s winner: Konditorei- https://gerryfrankskonditorei.com/
❅ Want to buy a #forSalem hoodie? Drop us a note using the welcome form! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ Suggested Readings:
John 8:12-20, 1 Peter 2:9-10- https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+8%3A12-20%2C+1+Peter+2%3A9-10&version=NLT
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Pentatonix and Dolly Parton: Jolene- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCoyUxY2HY
The Beatles: Norwegian Wood (The Bird has Flown)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_V6y1ZCg_8
Lauren Daigle: O Come All Ye Faithful- https://youtu.be/rZn59OrLNYU
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- What do you relate to more the idea of darkness isolating or the idea of darkness concealing reality?
- When Jon said, “Jesus didn’t come just so we could leave Earth and go to heaven someday… he came so that we can bring the light of Heaven to Earth now,” how did that sit with you? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Being the light of God means reorienting your life around the love of Jesus. What might be some steps you can take to continue reorienting your life around the love of Jesus?
- Read 1 Peter 2:9-10. What are some ways you can bring God’s light to those around you this week? How can your group pray for you in this?
▶ Soundtrack thanks from this episode 🙂
Hip Hop Christmas & B Canon and Variation by Twin Musicom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ Artist: http://www.twinmusicom.org/