For many, the idea of following Jesus sounds about as interesting as doing our taxes or freshman algebra. But Jesus’ first followers got in trouble for having too much fun. What have we missed? Maybe we need to rethink what the life of a Jesus Follower actually looks like.
0:00 What’s your opinion of “Christians?”
1:00 A lil’ bit about what this is
2:30 Freedom, w/ Jon
24:00 Deep thoughts & giveaways
28:20 dem outtakes
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
? Ask a question! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ June 13 #forSalem June Opportunity: Woodmansee Park Day!
June 13, 1-3pm Woodmansee Park in South Salem. Details & RSVP on the web. https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/party
▶ P A R T Y ! ! !
Our next Outdoor Party! June 27, 4:30pm. Yard games, music, dinner! Woot! find out more at https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/party/
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on our Social Media later this week or email to enter!)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media- Donatello’s Pizza: https://www.facebook.com/DonatellosSalem/
– Last week’s giveaway: Gilgamesh Brewing https://www.facebook.com/gilgameshbrewing
▶ Suggested Bible Readings:
Acts 15:1-35 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+15%3A1-35&version=NLT
Romans 8:1-4 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8%3A1-4&version=NLT
Galatians 3:1-14 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+3%3A1-14&version=NLT
Hebrews 8 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+8&version=NLT
▶ Additional Resources:
Irresistible- Andy Stanley https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/irresistible-faith-our-chance-to-change-the-world–again_andy-stanley/14571262
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Joy to the Word: Three Dog Night- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSDp4zTiLEo
Phantom of the Opera Song: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8epSdXPco0
What if I Stumble: DC Talk- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ0ApcY1KBY
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- How have you seen God working in your individual and community life this week?
- What do you think someone could lose and gain from following Jesus, or what could/have you, if you are ready to share?
- Pre-read Galatians 5. What’s something that stands out to you about the freedom in Christ described here?
- What’s your next step in freely following Jesus? How can your group pray for you this week?