When impossible situations come into our lives, our lack of control and power creates a fear that can be overwhelming. To make things worse, it often seems like God doesn’t care to do anything about what we are facing. Jesus, however, did the impossible to show us the depths of his power and care.
0:00 Welcome & Dishes
3:30 Trust the Impossible, w/ Jon
28:30 Announcements, Giveaways & Dessert
🔔 Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel 😊 https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
▶ DRIVE IN PARTY!!! January 31, 4:30pm-5:30pm – Reserve your spot! www.yourcrosscreek.com/drivein
▶ #forSalem JANUARY Opportunity: Pay it Backward! Treat someone in the drive-thru behind you! Hand the attendant a #forSalem card so let them know it’s because you believe God is for them, and that they matter! Get your cards here: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on Social Media later this week)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media: Gov Cup: https://www.thegovcup.com/
– This week’s winner: Cooke Stationary https://www.facebook.com/Cooke-Stationery-Company-381360651092
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Joy Williams, Canary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NXwdtD0s_o
Michael Jackson, Black or White- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AitTPI5U0
Foo Fighters, Times Like These- https://youtu.be/T_bQ9nzt9Xo
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- What stood out to you in this week’s episode and/or passage (Mark 4:35-41)? What challenges, bothers, or encourages you
- Read John 1:1-5 and 16:33. How do you think these passages relate to this week’s passage and message? What does that mean for you?
- What do you need/want from Jesus and what “impossibility” do you need to trust him with? How can your group pray for you in this during the week?