We are experts at finding ways to judge each other. And we get caught in an endless cycle of anger, passive aggressive avoidance, and even outright hostility. Jesus offers a better way. A way to avoid all of this pointless anger and judgment.
[00:54] We are experts at finding ways to judge each other.
[01:48] We judge others so we can compare our best intentions to their worst qualities.
[02:20] Seeking the Kingdom of Heaven frees us from the cycle of judgment.
[04:08] We rationalize our faults and judge others for theirs.
[06:31] Judging Rule: Don’t personally correct anyone until you’ve personally eaten at least three meals with them.
[08:03] We can’t speak truth in love to someone unless we truly and unconditionally love them
[11:04] The correction of the Holy Spirit is always perfectly loving, true, and timed.
[14:34] Citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven offer preemptive love and acceptance.
[17:51] When we experience how much Jesus loves us we lose our need to judge others.
Weekly Practice [15:50]
READ: 1 Corinthians 13
ASK: Whom have I been judging that I need to offer Jesus’ love/acceptance/forgiveness to?
1. How do you react when you feel like you are being judged? What do you tend to judge others about?
2. Why do you think Jesus cares so much about whether or not we judge someone else?
3. Read 1 Corinthians 13 vv1-7. Which of these descriptions of God’s love are you most thankful for at the moment? Which characteristic do you feel you could use some more practice allowing the Holy Spirit to shine through you?
4. What are some practical steps you can take this week to offer Jesus’ love, acceptance, and forgiveness to those you might want to judge?
5. How can your group pray for you this week?
🖨️ |TRANSCRIPT → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/media/2022-11-06.pdf
👋 | SAY HI → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/
📜 | EPISODE BIBLE VERSES → Matthew 7 vv1-12
👨👩👧👦 | JOIN A GROUP → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/connect
🍞 | GATHER TOGETHER → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/gathering |
4:30pm on Sundays
🤝 | GIVE TO CROSSCREEK → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/donate/
Like, comment & subscribe to stay updated with the latest content!
SUBSCRIBE + FOLLOW @yourcrosscreek – Crosscreek Community Church:
🎧 | Podcast → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/#podcast
🎥 | YouTube → https://www.youtube.com/yourcrosscreek/?sub_confirmation=1
🖼️ | Instagram → https://www.instagram.com/yourcrosscreek/
👍🏽 | Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/yourcrosscreek/