Christianity is often presented as what you need to do in order to make God happy. But the life Jesus offers is about WHO you can be, not what you have to DO. How does that work? Can you really experience this new life? You can.
00:04 It’s us!
00:30 It’s not what you should DO
10:30 How do we experience new life?
17:35 A few examples
21:00 Imagine with us…
23:40 Move on in confidence
24:50 Stay Breezy, Salem + oopsies
25:50 Qs + MORE Outtakes
? Don’t forget to subscribe 🙂 https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
? Let us know you’re here! Comment, or https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ Transcript: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/media/2021-09-19.pdf
▶ Notes & Questions: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/media/2021-09-19_cg.pdf
▶ Suggested Bible Readings:
▶ Upcoming #SalemOregon Gatherings
September 26th, 4:30pm — https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/party/
▶ September #forSalem Opportunity: FOR Simonka
– Buy the following items and bring them to our in-person gathering. Or, deliver them to Simonka Place personally 🙂
BIGGEST NEEDS this month: Copy Paper, Flip Flops, Pork / Beef Roasts (frozen), Laundry Soap.
Find out more: https://ugmsalem.org/our-impact/womens-ministry/
▶ Music we listened to while making this episode:
Lauren Daigle- Rescue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYR0xP1j4PY
Weezer- Buddy Holly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemivUKb4f4
The XX- Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veHqJSC-9Lo
▶ Subscribe to the Podcast & listen on the go:
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/donate
▶ Discussion Questions:
- How have you seen God working in your life and world this past week?
- Read Philippians 3:3-9. What list could you make for ways you’ve tried or seen others try to be a “good Christian?” What result(s) have you seen from these efforts?
- What would it look/feel like for you to “trust your position rather than your condition?”
- How can your group pray for you this week?