God created us with an innate desire and an incredible capacity to be happy. And so we try to fulfill that desire in hundreds of ways only to come away unsatisfied. True happiness seems so fleeting and constantly fading. But Jesus offers a better way. A way to have a truly happy life that actually works.
00:30 Self-help, books, vacations…
02:00 How can we actually be happy?
03:28 What’s heaven or the kingdom of heaven?
05:23 What’s blessed mean?
07:13 Poor in spirit
09:12 Mourn, meek, hunger
14:20 Pure in heart
15:58 Persecuted, insulted…
17:40 Salty and Light + the point of it all
19:30 What happy really is, where are YOU?
22:05 Qs and Updates
1. What tends to make you happy?
2. Which of Jesus’ “blessings” stand out to you most and why? (Matthew 5 vv3-11)
3. Jon said, “We experience a happy life when we experience life in the Kingdom of Heaven.” What do you think it means or looks like to “experience life” this way?
4. Read Matthew 5 vv13-16. What stands out to you? When you read this, what emotions come to the surface? Why do you think that is?
5. How can your group pray for you this week?
-God wants you to be happy.
-We try to find happiness by being “more.”
-Happiness is not the result of finding the right MORE but of changing what we are looking for in the first place.
-We experience a happy life when we experience life in the Kingdom of Heaven.
-Those who are seen as less most often see more clearly than others.
-The least are the first to be offered God’s MORE.
-When we experience the happiness of the Kingdom of Heaven, we can’t help but invite more to it.
-We find true lasting and satisfying happiness by becoming more like Jesus.
-The happiness we find in Jesus is the MORE we are all searching for.
1. On a scale of 1-10… Am I happy?
2. What MORE am I hoping will make me happy?
🖨️ |TRANSCRIPT → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/media/2022-10-09.pdf
👋 | SAY HELLO OR ASK A Q → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/
👨👩👧👦 | JOIN A GROUP → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/#connect
🍞 | GATHER TOGETHER → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/#gathering |
4:30pm on Sundays
🤝 | GIVE TO CROSSCREEK → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/donate/
Like, comment & subscribe to stay updated with the latest content!
SUBSCRIBE + FOLLOW @yourcrosscreek – Crosscreek Community Church:
🎧 | Podcast → https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/#podcast
🎥 | YouTube → https://www.youtube.com/yourcrosscreek/?sub_confirmation=1
🖼️ | Instagram → https://www.instagram.com/yourcrosscreek/
👍🏽 | Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/yourcrosscreek/