Every New Year’s Eve we hope the next year will be a reset and that this will finally be a “good year.” Unfortunately life doesn’t work that way. The good and the bad always come at us at the same time. Even though we can’t guarantee a ”good year,” Jesus offers us something better… a new beginning in the middle of our real life.
0:00 Happy New Year!!!
2:00 A Good Year, w/ Jon
21:00 Pay It Backward Challenge & Giveaway Winners
? Don’t forget to subscribe to this podcast or the YouTube channel ? https://bit.ly/yourcrosscreek
For Kids: Crosscreek Website
▶ #forSalem JANUARY Opportunity: Pay it Backward! Treat someone in the drive-thru behind you! Hand the attendant a #forSalem card so let them know it’s because you believe God is for them, and that they matter! Get your cards here: https://www.yourcrosscreek.com/welcome/
▶ #forSalem Opportunity: Help out Church @ The Park! https://www.church-at-the-park.org/
▶ #SalemOregon #local Giveaways (Happening on Social Media later this week)
– Enter to win this week on Social Media: Epilogue Kitchen- https://epilogue-kitchen.square.site/
– This week’s winner: Isaac’s Downtown- https://www.isaacsdowntown.com/
❅ Want to buy a #forSalem hoodie? Drop us a note using the welcome form! https://bit.ly/wlcmccc
▶ Suggested Readings:
Ephesians 1:13-14, Revelation 21:3-4, John 16:33 – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+1%3A13-14%2C++Revelation+21%3A3-4%2C+John+16%3A33&version=NLT
▶ Music we listened to making this episode:
Enya: May it Be- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3Ggo1CE3g
Less is Moi: Yo Yo Ma- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhofmsgVnP8
For King & Country: Fight on, Fighter- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jHL9_zijiQ
▶ Donate to Crosscreek & keep a good thing goin’ 🙂
- How do you feel about the “New Year” as a holiday? Why is that?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:15-21. In your own words, what do you think this says about Jesus followers? How do you feel about that?
- Jon encouraged us to “see reality for what it is, trust Jesus for who he is, and work with Jesus to make this world better than it is”. What does that look like for you moving forward and how can your group pray for you in this?